Breed "Maine Coon" appeared in the U.S. in the second half of the nineteenth century. The English name "Maine Coon" comes from the name of the homeland of these amazing animals, of Maine, and "raccoon", which means "raccoon." Quite large and fluffy, Maine coons really like raccoons.
for the First time the breed became a member of the new York and Boston exhibitions in 1861. This handsome cat has been very impressive name is Captain Jenks-of-sea-horse.
the Ancestors of Captain Jenks and all the modern Maine Coon had cats that lived on American farms. Half-savage life and the severe nature of North America was largely determined by their appearance and disposition.
Although the "Central club of fans of Maine-Coon" was created in 1963 in the United States, and the breed has existed for over a century and has actively presented at exhibitions, official permission for participation in such events was obtained only in 1976.
Among pet purring Maine coons are real heavyweights. Weight of adult females can reach eight, male – fifteen pounds. The height at the withers ranges from 30 to 50 centimeters. The animals have large, muscular, big-boned body and a massive head with large sharp ears, topped with tassels. The tail is fluffy, long, wide at base and tapering to the tip.
Originally the proud name of the Maine Coon had a right to wear cats only color black tabby (tiger). In the process of formation of breed standards recognized list of colors has expanded considerably. It includes:
- tabby (striped and spotted);
- solid (solid) – solid;
- with white markings;
- other colours (tabby pattern, tortoiseshell, calico).
Maine coons have a balanced, peaceful nature. These good-natured giants get along well with other animals, good with kids. Possessing solid size, they can't stand excessive Tuscany and hugs. Prefer not to sit on his knees, and the feet of the master. From their impressive size comes another interesting feature: the Maine Coon, unlike other baleen, do not like to climb on narrow ledges, shelves, lockers.
They are active and inquisitive, but at the same time very neat. Agile, playful, but in any case not annoying.
the Size of Maine coons do not hinder them to live in the average apartment. Like other cats, they choose their own place in the house, preferring high, but solid objects. The ideal option for them will be a big cat house with a wide bench.
Like their ancestors, Maine coons love to walk in the fresh air and hunting. Also they are well adapted to urban conditions. And so strong muscular animals, physical activity can get in the process of games and walks. Maine coons are easily accustomed to the paddock and is quite tolerant to any kind of sakam and leashes. As for games, simulation of hunting and capturing prey – the perfect entertainment option for them.
Nature has given the Maine Coon a thick plush coat. It is less problematic compared to wool, for example, of the Persians, but also needs regular care. Comb pet should be at least once a week (during moulting more often). In addition, Pets need regular washing. Maine coons are quietly tolerate bathing, sometimes even like water.
Cats breeds Maine Coon on the average consume up to two times more food compared to smaller breeds. When choosing a diet there are three options: natural products, industrial feeds and mixed feed.
Natural nutrition Maine Coon about 80 percent will consist of meat and offal. Should give preference to lean beef and veal, chicken. Chicken giblets (liver, heart, stomach), beef liver, and scarring are also included in the main diet. The remaining 20 percent of meals are eggs (better quail), milk products, cereals, vegetables, seafood, greens and Goodies.
is invalid feeding Maine coons (and other cats too) cheap industrial food. It has an attractive taste to animals, but of low nutritional value and an unbalanced composition. The animal is trying to eat as many yummy smelling "dummy" that leads to obesity. In the long term, the use of feed economy class causes a severe disease of the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract. Best for Maine coons is suitable products premium. They should choose based on the age, health condition and taste preferences of the pet. You need to keep in mind that veterinarians do not recommend to frequently change the brand and mixing feed from different manufacturers.
Mixed feeding, although it is chosen by some breeders, is very controversial. Because industrial feed is completely balanced, the inclusion in the diet of complementary products may lead to excessive or insufficient of any substance. That can lead to serious health problems.
the Maine Coon is a beautiful and unusual cat with a rich history. And now let appreciate them not for hunting qualities, these "little tigers" continue to win the hearts of people around the world.
Мы работаем по договору оферте полный текст находится тут